Tuesday, March 31, 2015



My Music
When I listen to music it can make me feel happy or sad, it can pump me up or bring me down. I have different playlists for my different moods and I have four different playlist’s. The first one is titled Again and it changes more than the others because it is made up of the song I used to love but got tired of or forgot about this helps me listen to more than just one genre of music. Right now my favorite song is called no angel or demon by WitchCraft why? Well because the guitar sounds like old Clapton, the bass is really heavy and the lyrics are demonic. I like a lot of songs by that band but the newer stuff is trash for the most part.  My taste in music has gone all over the place from hard scremo to classical piano, from rap to classic rock. I don’t know why I like the music I like but i know my friends have all influenced me to try different types of music and my dad taught me to play the bass and I always wanted to play the hardest song not in difficulty though but sound at the same time I love reggae and slow smooth sounds. Since high school started I’ve really started to branch out in what I listen to and I realized all friends listen to very different music but we all enjoy each other styles just not as much as our own.  Without music the world be very different I can’t imagine what it would be like and I hope I never find out. Without music my life would be quite and slow and boring. I admire the music of Pink Floyd for many reasons but mostly because its real. The event I connect with music happened sophomore year at Manny’s house we had a dance off on new years and we all did it, it was the funniest thing ever I will never forget watching my friends try to dance even though none of us knew what we were doing. In my opinion I don’t consider rap music, I would consider it poetry or just a form of art but not music and dubstep/ techno I just think its stupid. I would say music can do whatever you want it to heal, destroy anything its up to the listener. Music can set the stage for movies television and other things by having a suspenseful or relaxing or fast paced  soundtrack. Music can be poetry I think the song hallelujah by Jeff Buckley is a good example of a poetic song. Something music does for me that nothing else can do is bring me back to certain moments in my life in the snap of a finger like one of my favorite songs is the acoustic version of 45 by Shinedown and it brings me back to my first real kiss and make me think of everything that happened that night. Are you kidding me yes I would love to be a professional musician doesn’t everyone want to do that at some point in their life? I would play the bass Jacob would be lead guitar we would do back up vocals to some badass singer and we would have some crazy drummer that never says anything besides 1..2..3..

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this band idea for you and Jacob that you describe. If you all make that happen you will have to let me know and I will show up for one of your gigs. : ) The dance off also sounds like a fun time--surely there is video of this?

    ReplyDelete