Friday, January 23, 2015


I am...

I am a son, the oldest of three, raised here in hell, with no ambitions, just hoping it doesn’t get worse.
           
I am a brother that gets looked up too.
I am a bad role model.

I am a grandson, wishing I had one last of grandma’s sugar cookies, wanting Christmas to go back to how it used to be before, driving past a house that used to be home, remembering the crazy things me and my cousins did, learning to play baseball in the front yard, playing super Nintendo but always losing to Grandma.

I am, a skater that has no fear on four wheels, terrified of the real world on two feet, a friend to Ben and Jacob, a high school student, employed at O`Hana.               

I am, coka cola and fries, donuts and milk, cake and ice cream.
I am, fast cars, dogs, music, video games and records.
I am, warm cloths, cool socks, and Vans.

I am, brown hair and eyes, weird glasses, skinny jeans, camo jackets, 18 and not ready for the world, a new adult, a thinker though you might not guess it.

I am, a broken iPhone, white ps4, an old trumpet in my closet, a white bass guitar,

I am, sleeping in 2nd block, getting clay everywhere in 1st block, learning math to batman theme songs 3rd block, having creative fun in 4th block.

I am, very late and crazy nights out with friends, going to parties every almost everyday, the smell in my car, accidental burns, not remembering anything, throwing up in the morning, food at 3:00 in the morning because we are still up, hating the blackouts.



I am a loser, a winner, a freak, a kool kid, a nobody, a stoner, a poser.

I do not know what I am...

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Court--especially the end where you acknowledge all the facets of who you are while still questioning which of those labels satisfy you. I am not surprised, actually, that you are "a thinker." I see thoughtfulness in you and I am hopeful that you will settle into a version of yourself that you are happy with, one that you would be proud to know important people in your life look to for support and guidance. Role models don't have to be perfect, just honest and aware and trying to be better. I am so pleased you are posting work to your blog and getting in on the process of this class and trying to be successful. I knew you had it in you. Thanks, Court. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court I think that you have a much deeper side to you than you let on. Its hard to take off the mask that hides it and I can see you put a lot into this piece. I understand a lot of things but wont say I can understand another persons life or their feelings but if I have to say one thing at all its this "Life is a bitch but that shouldn't beat you down. If you care what others say you will never find yourself so put everyone else out of mind and look inside because I guarantee you will find that you are not a loser, freak, or poser! You are just you and that's all that should matter!" Continue writing and pour your soul into your work. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete