Thursday, January 22, 2015



Things?

We all have those things we just can’t part with weather you want them or not. It could be anything that makes you feel something or anything that makes you think it’s really up to you to decide what these things could be. For me it would be the constant ringing of my phone in the back of my head and the late feeling of regret or a lock my great grandpa gave me before he died. These are the worst and the best things about me.
          The lock is all my hope for the future, its all the good feelings I can’t explain, it’s what makes me want better for myself and everyone else, its everything I think about when I’m happy, it makes me want to do good things, it takes the lonely feeling away, it’s the only reason I still try, its everything to me.
 I could never explain to someone how an inanimate object like an old lock can make me feel so many things at once. I almost feel sorry for the people without things like that but I also don’t know if it’s normal or if I’m just crazy. I imagine it’s about the same feeling as winning the lottery if you were homeless or maybe falling in love.
The constant ringing of a phone in my head is different it’s not like the lock at all; I don’t know what else to call it besides a thing. It’s not a memory exactly it’s more like a sound but it changes so instantly and dramatically, it becomes more of a knife stabbing me and there is nothing I can do to stop it. The feeling of regret is what I associate with it most but that can turn into sadness or hate or anger so easy. It’s what makes me scared of the people I like; I trust them even though I already know what is going to happen next. I am the problem. It’s my biggest mistake. It makes me like being bad.
I can get so confused when I start to think about these two things. They make me feel all the bad in the world or all the good it’s over whelming. It’s constant turmoil; it’s a fight between good and evil. I see so many people going about their lives almost as if they are not even real as if life was just some game where they cannot feel anything. They look so clear minded and focused on something besides the end. Is it just me? Is this a normal teenager thing? I don’t know anymore. I just feel crazy.  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these ideas, Court. I think these conflicted feelings are a normal teenager thing and also a normal adult thing. We all have voices guiding us and sometimes confusing us. We make mistakes and my biggest fear is not being able to sleep because I just toss and turn and replay all my regrets in my life--from the day before back to 20 years ago. But I think your heart is truly good from what I know of you, and the fact that you associate your grandfather's lock with hope shows me you are thoughtful and sentimental thinker with good intentions. I have one grandfather left and he is fading. He was a barber and just this past weekend I got two pairs of his scissors he used for years. I look them and I feel pride in who he was--a hardworking, kind, brave, beautiful person. And I look at them and remember how often he made me feel I was those things, too. I will cherish them always, just like you will the lock. Being bad has its allure--I was young once and I remember well--but being good and being the bigger person has almost always left me with less regret. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I see a lot of truth in these words from Mother Teresa:

    People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
    Love them anyway.

    If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    Be kind anyway.

    If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies.
    Succeed anyway.

    The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
    Be good anyway.

    Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable.
    Be honest and frank anyway.

    What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
    Build anyway.

    People need help, but may attack you if you try to help them.
    Help them anyway.

    In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
    It was never between you and them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and i really like that quote

    ReplyDelete